Saturday, July 6, 2013

Passing it on...

So, I guess Verizon is giving us a weekend of free HBO, and after watching a Harry Potter movie, a documentary came on.  The documentary focused on a former Miss USA contestant names Abbey Curran.  She competed at the 2008 Miss USA pageant, with one amazing difference from all the other contestants.  She has Cerebral Palsey.  She didn't let that stop her from doing something she felt passionately about...  She then went on to begin the Miss You Can Do It Pageant, which is for other girls with disabilities.
If I said I didn't cry, I would be a liar, at some parts I bawled my eyes out.  So many of these little girls had such amazing hearts. It filled me such a sense of urgency to do something, I had to start googling.  Before I even knew what I could truly offer, I was on the phone with Abbey Curran herself, volunteering to make chocolate bars or cookies or ANYTHING for these little girls.  The pageant is in less then a month, so I may or may not have my work cut out for me, considering I have a wedding cake to make for August 3rd, my opening party for CTMH around July 28th, and my stepfathers retirement party on July 21st....
Oh, and should I mention that this is all taking place in Illinois...  Yeah, so, I am going to have to ship whatever I make there.  :)  Going to be SOOOOO worth it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment