Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Paper Holding Project

So heres my first project upload. As my stack of papers grew, i was running short on options for storage, so I decided to get crafty.  I used the two large flat-rate mailer boxes that the papers & supplies came in, and turned them into an awesome stand-up holder.  Check out these step-by-step instructions to make your own!




 
I cut down the sides of the box, so it looks like this...in hindsight, I could have cut off some of the corners too, but first time tweaks are important.




So I glued the boxes together, then I used masking tape to give the edges a "seamless" look.



I cut the strips from the box flaps, and added them the the edges of the box and reinforced it all with more glue and tape. 



I used self-stick book covering on all of the edges.  Some of it is patchy, but its ok, Ill be covering it all with papers, washi tape & Modge Podge anyway. 


Using leftover pieces of paper, I glued the insides of the box. I used a few larger pieces of paper on the outside of the box.  



I used some different washi tape, and even made some of my own washi with markers and masking tape.  I Modge-Podged the whole thing a few times, so it has a nice Matte finish, and is somewhat water-resistant.  




I think the use of 2 boxes gave the paper holder extra stability.

:) I AM SO S-M-R-T!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment